St. Louis Volunteer Lawyers and Accountants for the Arts (VLAA) is seeking a dynamic part-time Community Engagement Manager (CEM) to build awareness of our programs and services and to help implement of our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility plan. This is a new position. The CEM will report to the Executive Director.
$20 per hour
Approximately 12 flexible hours per week, which may increase over time. This position requires periodic evening and weekend work.
VLAA’s office is located in the High Low in Grand Center; some remote work can be scheduled.
VLAA conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable employment laws and regulations. We are deeply committed to cultivating an inclusive environment — fostering respect for all and welcoming individuals from diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. Individuals with a commitment to these values are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Develop and implement strategies to reach historically marginalized and underserved artists, creative businesses, and cultural organizations
• Manage VLAA’s Instagram presence and assist with other social media campaigns; asset creation skills are a plus
• Make in-person presentations (VLAA info sessions and basic legal and business topics)
• Represent VLAA at local arts and cultural events with the goal of growing our database
• Recruit, train and supervise paid community ambassadors
• Build community partnerships and cultivate lasting relationships with public libraries and organizations that serve BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, disabled and veteran constituencies
• Maintain records and prepare regular reports on outreach and program needs and accomplishments
• Attend the board’s DEIA Committee meetings
• Other duties may be assigned
• Passion for working artists, the arts and VLAA’s service mission
• Commitment to anti-racist, equitable and inclusive principles
• A college degree in a relevant field is preferred. Preference will be given to candidates with a demonstrated background in the arts and/or nonprofit job experience.
• Experience managing social media accounts and creating visually engaging content
• Experience as a high-energy public speaker or teacher
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to plan, prioritize, work independently and to stay organized in a fast-paced environment, manage several projects simultaneously and adjust to changing demands
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel is required. Familiarity with WordPress and Salesforce are a plus.
• Strong interpersonal skills in email correspondence, phone communication and in-person conversations with co-workers and partners
• Ability to listen and respond respectfully to community needs and interests
• Positive up-beat attitude
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Community Engagement Manager in the subject line.
St. Louis Volunteer Lawyers and Accountants for the Arts (VLAA) supports the bi-state creative community by providing free legal and accounting assistance and a wide variety of affordable educational programs. VLAA serves artists and arts workers, nonprofit cultural organizations and small creative businesses. Our nonprofit tax-exempt organization proudly offers rewarding volunteer opportunities for more than 300 accountants and lawyers.
Being fully vaccinated (and boosted) against Covid-19 is a condition of employment. VLAA’s vaccination policy allows for reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. Questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.