Effective Date: October 1, 2022
Information We Collect
This Policy applies to all (1) personal information you submit to VLAA through the Website, such as your name, email address and mailing address, and (2) other information collected by VLAA through the Website. It does not apply to any information you submit to VLAA via fax, mail, or other means.
We may, for example, collect personal information if you contact us via, or submit a form through, the Website.
VLAA may, for example, collect information such as internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, and referring/exit pages.
One service we use is Google Analytics, which is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports Website traffic. We use the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Website. For more information on collection and processing of data through Google Analytics, please see “HOW GOOGLE USES INFORMATION FROM SITES OR APPS THAT USE OUR SERVICES”.
Please visit the web page available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/ for information about opting out of Google Analytics.
We collect these types of information for analyzing trends, administering the Website, tracking users’ movement on the Website, and gathering demographic information.
How We Use and Disclose Information
VLAA may use the personal information it collects about you, and other information collected via the Website, as follows:
- for the purposes for which it was provided and for any other purposes specified at the time of collection;
- to provide information and/or services to you;
- to communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners or service providers, including for marketing and promotional purposes;
- to allow its volunteers, and third parties acting on VLAA’s behalf, to provide services to you;
- to provide you with information and updates about VLAA and the arts community (e.g., calendar event e-mails, newsletters, and event announcements);
- to provide, operate, maintain, and improve the Website;
- to understand and analyze how you use the Website;
- to find and prevent fraud and other misuse of the Website;
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements; and
- as you otherwise authorize.
VLAA may share your information as follows:
- with individuals and other third parties as needed for VLAA to perform its services, including with service providers who perform services for or on behalf of VLAA;
- to meet legal or regulatory obligations;
- to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone who may have breached VLAA’s Terms and Conditions of Use or who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) VLAA’s rights or property, other VLAA users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities; and
- as you otherwise authorize.
In addition, VLAA may disclose aggregate information to improve its services and to inform others about the services it provides and the clients it serves. This information shows user information as a whole and cannot be used to individually identify you.
“Do Not Track”
We do not respond differently or limit our practices under the terms of this policy when you access the Website with a browser that uses a “do not track” signal or similar mechanism, as “do not track” is not a universally defined and standardized process.
Information from Children
VLAA does not intend to collect information from users under the age of 13, and no part of the Website is intended for anyone under the age of 13. If you believe that someone under the age of 13 provided personal information to us, please notify us and we will delete such information from our records.
Third Party Websites & Sharing Features
The Website contains links to other websites. VLAA is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other websites, and you access such websites at your own risk.
VLAA uses third-party service providers to make it easy for you to share our content with others. The information you provide when using these tools is subject to those third parties’ privacy policies.
Any material, business information, ideas, concepts, or other information sent to VLAA by email will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary.
Deleting and Correcting Information
If you would like to VLAA to delete or update your information, contact VLAA via e-mail (email@example.com) or mail (3301 Washington, St. Louis, MO 63103).
Internet transmissions are not absolutely secure, so VLAA shall not be liable for unauthorized disclosure of personal information due to no fault of VLAA including, but not limited to, errors in transmission and unauthorized acts of third parties.